What Will ‘Mr Toad’ Do?
Mr Toad has a very special job to do. This includes raising the profile and funds for our two supported charities, undertaking vital citizen science research on remote places that many scientists won’t ever get to visit, and most importantly bringing the oceans alive through the online classroom and 3D film for young people around the world.
Where Will Mr Toad Travel?
The difference between Fourbirdsaboating and more tradition expeditions, is that our boat ‘Mr Toad’ will row across more than one ocean and as such is our biggest and most important investment. Planned ocean rows include:
- 2014: 7200 nautical miles from Monterey Bay, California to Honolulu, Hawaii, and on to Cairns, Australia (approximately 8 months including visits to local schools en route, and orphanages in Thailand on the journey back to the UK). The first part of the journey is the inaugural Great Pacific Race, the second part of the journey from Hawaii to Australia will be independently organised.
- 2015: Over 2000 nautical miles around Great Britain over 26 days or more days as part of the 2015 GB Row.
- 2016: Great Pacific Race between Monterey Bay, California and Honolulu, Hawaii in under 50 days.
- 2017: Talisker Atlantic Challenge: 3000 nautical miles from La Gomera to Antigua.
- 2018: Great Pacific Race between Monterey Bay, California and Honolulu, Hawaii in under 50 days.
- 2019: Arctic Ocean crossing.