The main reason for rowing across the oceans, is to bring the outside world in to our students worldwide, via the WizIQ and Frog online platforms. But there are other important parts of the project including:
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language
- Reducing the stigma of disability
- Teaching British Sign Language so that hearing and non hearing students can communicate better.
- Promoting women in sport, business, and STEM roles.
- Inspiring young people
- Encouraging citizen science
- Improving Ocean Literacy and knowledge of STEM subjects and geography
- Raising funds so that we can provide young people with access to free, online, education.
The team will be joined by a very special mascot bear, provided by the world famous Asquith’s Teddy Bear shop in the team’s home town of Henley-On-Thames. This bear has been made especially for us and contains no plastic nurdles.
The bear will be named by our headline sponsor, and accompany us on every journey across an ocean, with her own Twitter page, Facebook Page, and stories to tell. Each of our supported children’s projects worldwide, will receive a bear as part of their Educational Pack, and our Fourbirdsaboating Friends can also own one of our mascot bears.